What You Can Do to Help Artemis Society International
Someone in Sydney or Athens might wonder what he could possibly do to
help with a staffing problem on the other side of the world. It would be
quite a commute to jaunt over to ASI HQ to help assemble new-member
packets, log data base entries, and balance the checkbook. But there
are things that people can do anywhere in the world; such as:
Copyright © 2004 Artemis Society International, for the
contributors. All rights reserved.
- Design a marketing campaign, even lay out and print flyers.
- Research mailing lists in the Huntsville area, even prepare a
mailing to those addresses.
- Start a local chapter and
recuit members -- the larger Artemis Society
membership is, the more quickly ASI HQ will be able to afford the
facilities it needs to properly take care of Society administration. And,
the larger Artemis Society International is,
the smaller fraction of the dues that needs to be spent on administrative
overhead (such as, for instance, maintaining the electronic communication
- Write charters and procedures for the ASI administrative
organizations. If you've seen an on-going organization working, you might
think those things are easy, but really it takes a tremendous amount of
time and energy to come up with clearly written charters and procedures
that all work together. Just figuring out the organization chart is an
- Look at the ASI administrative functions and determine what can be
done efficiently through the Internet.
- Design some stationery for ASI. That's not just letterhead, but
also all those other little bits of paper every organization needs.
- Develop a membership data base system that allows the data to be
maintained and updated across the Internet.
- Look at the Electronic Communication Technical Committee's list of jobs do to do, and pick one
to work on. You'll find the list on line in the ECTC section of the Artemis Data Book.
- Volunteer to help with administration of Artemis Society
International -- keep track of the organization, who is in which position,
maintain this information on the web, and keep Boise Pearson (president of
ASI) informed about what's going on. Candace Dicks does this for the
Office of Space Flight, but the rest of ASI also needs a lot of
This web site contains many trade names and copyrighted articles and images.
ASI Web Team
Submit update to this page.
Maintained with WebSite Director.
Updated Sat, Jul 25, 1998.